Saturday, February 28, 2009

Moved by the Mountains

On Saturday, I asked David if we could go to Lake Arrowhead. I needed to clear my head from the crazy week and Alex had been begging us to see the snow. The day was absolutely gorgeous.


Panorama of Lake Arrowhead Village



We took a boat tour on The Arrowhead Queen. 

It was a beautiful trip - very calm and the water was like glass. 
The nice captain even let Alex pilot the boat for a little bit,

while David and I relaxed and enjoyed the breathtaking views.

We saw a lot of huge lakeside estates.
The captain said they usually remained empty for the winter.
 
The scenery made us feel like we were in the East Coast.
I wonder what it's like to live in this fairytale home?

A park stood at the end of a peninsula overlooking the lake. 

Alex having some fun in the snow.
 
Alex and I had a snowball fight and we made snow angels.
Here are my handsome snow angels.

A lovely family photo to remember the day.

This day brought a very special lesson. It reminded me that no matter what problems I have to face, so long as I have faith in God and the love of my family and friends, I can move any mountain. 

"If you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you." - Matthew 17:20
 

2 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Awesome! Loved all the pics!

Justine and Fernando said...

Oooh nice! This looks so refreshing and breathtaking. I've never been. Perfect!