Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Lunar New Year!

In celebration of the Lunar New Year, I took a bunch of inspirational pictures and posted some old ones I took around the same time a few years ago.

I visited Bolsa last week on my day off and took pictures among the exotic orchids being sold at an open-air market.
The Asian Garden Mall in Bolsa, Westminster.
Gigantic potted orchids were displayed inside the jewelry stores.
This small arrangement was so gorgeous!
David, hint...hint...Valentine's is a couple of weeks away. 
Red lanterns inside Green Farm Market.

I just love the colors of these gelatins from Green. I wonder if it tastes as good as it looks?
I made Vietnamese spring rolls for dinner for the first time (with chicken instead of shrimp or pork). Doesn't it look delish? e-mail me for the recipe.  
An unusual yellow lantern with tassels hangs above a flower shop. The Lunar New Year was eye candy amidst the gray clouds that lingered. I hope your year will be as colorful! 

No comments: